Thursday 29 August 2013

Peppa's First Birthday - Pumpaversary




This time last year I was sat in clinic waiting to meet my new best friend...Peppa! Today is her first birthday which I feel needs to be celebrated!

I know this blog may not be everybody's cup of tea but after everything that Peppa has done for me I feel she should be appreciated! After a long hard struggle I think finally after a year has gone by, I am finally getting there. I have had the best BG levels over the past few weeks, please note this may change when I am back at school.

So here's some photos to outline my year with Peppa:


My cupboard is now compacted like a pharmacy.



I have learnt the hard way that changing a cartridge when drunk is not useful or clever!! 













We've had some lows!
















We have also had some highs! 



 A good high blood sugar doesn't come by itself, we have sore cannulas, bloody cannulas and cannulas that come off as if by magic or if you have a blonde moment and forget it's there when going to the loo. #Oops!


We have our trusty friend Roo, Thanks to @theGBDOC and my #bgbingo win! 
Cavilon spray has been a life saver for me! As I am allergic to...well anything remotely sticky! (medical terms Elastoplast) I can even wear plasters without a fuss :-)

 My trusty emergency kit which is like a Mary Poppins bag of diabetes tricks. I have to admit it doesn't always follow me round but when working its handy and comforting to have close by.
Peppa Pump, and I ,had the chance to meet Peppa Pig :-D

 After a long day a glass of wine is always the answer, especially when your pump has no battery and the cap will not come off and your alone in the house...a large glass of wine is needed in these cases! 
Overall I am a happy pumper and it has changed my life for the better, although I have a long way to go, I feel this has been a good choice for me and it may not be for everyone but its preventing complications in my life which is a huge bonus!
Finally we can't forget the good times :-D I have just been for my HbA1c so unsure of the result so far so it will be entered here soon **%. I am hopeful as last time it was the best it has ever been since I came out of my honeymoon period almost 9 years ago. Fingers crossed. 


#pumpaversary 
#PeppaPumps1stBday

No comments:

Post a Comment